I realize many members are here to share their past experiences with other servicemen and women however I recommend you limit personal information exchanged on this site. Here are a few suggestions:
- Use caution in divulging your name, home address or phone number. It is safer to use a cell phone number than your land line.
- Please do not use your primary email for correspondence. It is safer to use a temporary address such as Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail. Many ISPs such as MSN or AOL offer disposable emails as well.
- Do not register with your primary email address. If you have done so you may delete your account and reregister.
- You have the option of hiding your email address on this message board.
- Private messaging is safer than email: Private messaging allows members to contact each other while keeping their email addresses confidential. Use private messaging if you prefer not to share your email address.
- Be skeptical
Receiving Topic Notifications
Problem: Not Receiving Message Email Notifications
Make sure you have checked "Always notify me of replies" in your profile. You can also check "Notify me when a reply is posted" on each message. Check if your notifications are are being marked as spam.
- Yahoo--1) Check "Bulk" folder. 2) Open message and click the "Not Spam" button.
- HotMail--1) Open "Junk E-Mail" folder 3) Open message and click "Not Junk."
- Gmail--1) Check "Spam" folder 2) Open message and click "Not Spam" button.
- AOL--1) Keyword "Spam Folder" 2) Open message and click "This is Not Spam" button. You may also add the message board emails to your "Address Book" 1) Open "Address Book" 2) Click the "Add" Button 3) Enter the e-mail address and click the "Save" button.
- Earthlink--1) Check "Suspect Email" folder 2) Place check in box of message 3) Select "Move to Inbox & Add Contact" 4) Click "Go"
- Outlook--1) Open "Junk E-mail" folder 2) Right-click on message and select "Mark as Not Junk."